Expert Witness Services
A number of individuals at Touchstone have been appointed to act as expert and have provided expert evidence in relation to numerous matters. Such appointments include:
- Adjudication between an Employer and a contractor over entitlement to an extension of time for a hotel refurbishment in Western Australia.
- Adjudication between an Contractor and Employer over entitlement to an extension of time for a new build housing scheme.
- Arbitration between a contractor and sub-contractor over entitlement to additional time and money in connection with a landmark building of architectural merit.
- Professional negligence actions against quantity surveyors alleged to have been negligent in the giving of cost advice and in post contract commercial management of projects.
- Professional negligence action by a contractor involved in a design and build project against a services engineer.
- Litigation between a property owner and a contractor in relation to damage to a terrace of grade II listed town houses.
- Litigation between an employer and a number of defendants in relation to the cost of remedial works required to an office and warehouse facility.
We are also often asked to :
- provide an independent view of contractors and sub-contractors’ entitlements to additional time and money to assist parties to unlock disputes. This can be done informally or formally as an expert determination upon being employed/ instructed jointly by the disputing parties.
- provide lawyers and their clients with a ‘sense check’ review of what is being claimed or disputed by the parties so that the appropriate advice can be provided.